Songs Of My Heart...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I LOVE YOU JESUS

Today I felt a stirring
deep within my heart,
It was a Holy stirring
from which I could not depart.
The Lord was calling my attention
away from earthly things
And before I knew,
I was on my knees
In the presence of my King.
Basking in His glory,
my soul began to sour
And words came tumbling from my mouth,
That I could contain no more.
The stirring deep inside my heart,
had become a bubbling spring
And it came pouring out of me
as I began to sing.
The sweetest love song I ever heard
Such beautiful music made from words
Yet a simpler phrase you could not bring
To offer up to such a King.
Four little words that mean so much
And when uttered – will let you feel His touch.
“I love you Jesus” was my song
“I love y
ou too.” was His res
ponse.


















copyright: BBM

4 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brigi - these are truly lovely. So faith-filled. I am humbled by them. I thank God for your love and faith.

 
At 01 June, 2006, Blogger Brigitte said...

GG - thank you - I am humbled and speechless....

 
At 27 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

fantastic poem. I love the last line :o)

It is good to spend time with Jesus eh.


Oh, I saw you on Karen's Ramblings (me and Karen know each other well) and so I thought I would take a peek. Looking forward to reading your other beatufiul and encouraging work!

Blessings,
Claire

 
At 28 June, 2006, Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Claire, thanks for visiting. Spending time with God is truly wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home