Songs Of My Heart...

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Sacrifice

The Sacrifice

Lord I have often thought
about how you suffered,
Nailed to that tree.
And I have often wondered
What if it were me?

I think of Judas and of Peter
One who betrayed, and one who denied.
And had I been in your shoes,
Would I have bled and died?

Could I have been the sacrifice
That could never guarantee
That the ones who I was dying for
Would give their lives for me?

But Your face was slapped,
And Your body broken
And Your blood was shed for me.
And You were nailed to that cross
So that I might be set free

Oh God I cannot put in words
What you have done for me
The price you paid for sin and death
That day on Calvary.

You bought my life with blood and tears
And saved me from this world.
And that is why I know that I
Will forever live with You,
My Lord.

copyright: BBM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home