Songs Of My Heart...

Friday, May 12, 2006

WHAT IS A MOTHER
















A mother is a doormat and a dishwasher,
She is a washing machine and button sewer onner.
She is the cook, the baker and the carpenter.
She is the doctor, the mediator and the referee.
She is the constant, the run too, the always there.
She can never get sick,
She can never take leave.
She is always a wife,
She is a mother for life.
She never gets a holiday
And doesn’t get to break away.
She just wants to be loved
The way she loves her own.
“Thank you mom” or “I love you”
Is all she wants to hear
These words would mean the world to her.
When whispered in her ear.
She wants to be remembered,
To know that she is loved.
There are no gifts throughout the world
To replace the gift of love.
A handmade card, a tender word,
A hug from dad sometimes.
A simple “I understand”
When tears come unexplained.
A gentle touch, a quiet word
Can always make her day.
If you have a mom, remember her today
Don’t wait for mothers day
To say what you want to say
She needs to hear it often,
Or she will think she has failed.
She has a heart big and tender
Even though she looks tough as nails


copyright: BBM

2 Comments:

At 12 June, 2006, Blogger Masked Rabbit said...

Hey Spookie,

I loved all the poems here but this one particularly moved me. I think it's because I hear so many of my friends make these observations. I, like you, am also a stepmother to two children.
It also makes me think of my own mother who I love with all my heart but who I have had to stand a little distant from as, although she tries to support, she can be very judgemental and ends up attacking me sometimes.
But I still love her and I know that she has felt these things too.
Thank you for the reminder that mothers are people too with their own needs - not just their children's, partners.

 
At 13 June, 2006, Blogger Brigitte said...

I am glad you liked it and I feel honoured that you read my poems.
Us moms are people too and we cannot just run on our own strength all the time, we need to know we are doing good and that we are loved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home